The prince-bishop's hideaway
The pavilion, known as the teahouse today, sits on the terrace below the palace garden and consists of only a single 30-m² room. It provided the princes with a retreat and a space for private meetings. The entry portal, like the entire garden, faces the old palace and is accessible from the terrace via a stone staircase. Until 1741, an orangery was situated directly in front of the pavilion, which housed the exotic plants during the winter months.